News

Actions

Man suffers second-degree burns during SLC storage facility fire

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 8:48 PM, Aug 22, 2016
and last updated 2016-08-23 13:37:15-04

SALT LAKE CITY – One man was injured in an accidental fire at a storage facility in Salt Lake City, Monday night.

The man was working with two other men on a car at 510 W. 200 N. when the fire started.

Fire officials say gasoline stored in plastic containers in the unit caught fire.

The victim suffered second-degree burns on both arms.

An undetermined amount of gas was being stored in several five-gallon cans, according to a tweet from the fire department.

“The fire melted the cans causing a liquid fire,” the department tweeted.

The workshop area is in one of several storage units owned by the Missio Dei Community Church.

Officials said the fire caused about $80,000 in damage.