NewsLocal News

Actions

Fire Marshal: Provo vacant restaurant fire is suspicious

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 7:28 AM, Mar 20, 2018
and last updated 2018-03-20 17:29:30-04

PROVO, Utah – The Fire Marshal said the fire at a vacant Provo restaurant near 223 W. Center St. is considered suspicious.

Authorities said Center St. was closed from 100 W. to 300 W. for the blaze at Oregano Italian Kitchen, which is not occupied.

Fire crews were called to the scene at about 6:30 a.m. Tuesday.

Officials have not confirmed how the fire started but said it was not electrical.

Damage is estimated at $25,000.

Smoke also damaged some of the adjoining businesses.

No injuries were reported.