SALT LAKE CITY — KSTU, the E.W. Scripps owned Fox affiliate in Salt Lake City, is looking for an experienced Morning Anchor/Reporter to join our team.
FOX 13 produces 10.5 hours of news each weekday with a strong emphasis on enterprise reporting, investigative journalism, and community connections.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Anchor morning newscast Monday-Friday.
- Fill in Anchor on other newscasts as needed.
- Report live on location from various news events.
- Research, gather, and write news content for multiple platforms.
- Partner with newsroom employees to develop engaging, accurate, and ethical newscasts.
- Organize and set up interviews and video shoots.
- Take part in station and community service events and activities.
- Consistently connect and engage viewers via social media.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or related field preferred.
- 2+ years related experience, preferably in anchoring/reporting.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Videography and non-linear editing experience preferred.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record as well as proof of insurance and liability coverage (may be required to drive personal or company vehicle to assignments).
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills.
- Excellent communication competencies, both verbal and written.
- Computer literacy, including newsroom computer systems.
- Knowledge of local, regional, and national news.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast paced deadline driven environment.
- Proficiency posting content to various social media platforms.
If you are interested in this position, contact Marc Sternfield, Senior Director of News at email@example.com.