With so much discouraging news in the global COVID-19 pandemic, it is easy to lose sight of some of the positive developments.
- Hospitalizations for patients with symptoms of COVID-19-like illnesses in Washington declined last week by more than 20%.
- Italy on Wednesday recorded its lowest daily increase in COVID-19 deaths in a week (727).
- Of the 962,000 lab-confirmed cases of COVID-19 worldwide, 203,000 have fully recovered.
- China has closed all of its temporary hospitals in Wuhan.
- A 103-year-old Chinese woman made a full recovery from COVID-19.
- The number of new cases in South Korea is decreasing.
- Testing for a coronavirus vaccine has begun in Seattle. However, it could still take many months, possibly more than a year, before it is publicly accessible.