NewsCoronavirusLocal Coronavirus News


Davis County opens vaccine registrations for people 70 and older

County will begin vaccinating residents 70+ starting Tuesday
Davis County Vaccinations.jpg
Posted at 11:51 AM, Jan 14, 2021
and last updated 2021-01-15 10:10:54-05

DAVIS COUNTY, Utah — Davis County residents ages 70 and older will start receiving the COVID-19 vaccine on Jan. 19, officials say.

Beginning Friday, residents in the age group can CLICK HERE to make online appointments to receive the vaccine. Residents only need an email address and can schedule an appointment for up to two people.

WATCH: Salt Lake Co. Health officials apologize for false COVID-19 vaccination cancellation notices

The county has set aside 75 percent of its weekly vaccine doses for the 70+ age group, and hope to vaccinate 3,000 residents next week. The remaining 25 percent of the doses will be set aside for healthcare workers, first responders and K-12 school staff.

READ: COVID-19 vaccine pulled from Utah hospitals to give to others

“There are more than 25,000 Davis County residents to be served in this age group,” said Trevor Warner, Communications Manager for the Davis County Health Department. “The reality is that these appointments will fill up very quickly and a person may have to try back week after week to get an appointment. We’re asking for everyone’s patience in this process as it will take many weeks of clinics for us to get to everyone.”

WATCH: Utah preschool teachers disappointed after being left out of COVID-19 vaccination plan

The drive-thru mass vaccinations will be held at the Legacy Events Center in Farmington. Those who arrive on foot or via other transportation methods will be accommodated.

During the opening week, vaccinations will be given on Tuesday, Jan. 18, Friday, Jan. 22 and Saturday, Jan. 23 between 10 a.m.and 5 p.m.