Gunman threatens to shoot 2-year-old boy in Magna home invasion

Magna Home Invasion.jpg
Posted at 10:30 AM, Dec 11, 2020
and last updated 2020-12-11 12:31:00-05

MAGNA, Utah — A man and woman were arrested following a home invasion in Magna Thursday in which one of the suspects threatened to shoot a 2-year-old.

The suspects also shot one of the homeowners and stabbed the other.

According to the police affidavit, a man and woman wearing ski masks entered the home at 5:30 a.m. and immediately went upstairs. After the male homeowner confronted Colton Skeet Wilkin-McBride, the suspect pointed a gun back at the man.

READ: Sharp spike in property and violent crime in SLC, particularly the Ballpark neighborhood

The homeowner ran to the bedroom of his 2-year-old son for protection, but was followed by Wilkin-McBride who pointed the gun at the boy.

As Wilkin-McBride asked for money and keys, he shocked the homeowner by allegedly saying "Do you think this is a joke? I am going to blow your son’s brains out.”

The homeowner went after Wilkin-McBride's gun, which went off during a fight for the weapon. At that point, the homeowner's son walked in and helped his father hold down Wilkin-McBride, but not before he yelled for the other suspect, Monique Nichole Quintana Briceno, for help.

Quintana Briceno came into the bedroom and shot at the homeowner several times with what looked like a black Glock, according to police.

"I thought I was dead," the homeowner says in the affidavit.

Police say the weapon was a pellet gun, but still caused several injuries to the homeowner's back, chest, neck and face.

READ: Utah Co. man kicks Pleasant Grove officer, knocking him unconscious

When the homeowner's wife attempted to take the gun from Quintana Briceno, the suspect grabbed a knife and allegedly stabbed the female victim. Quintana Briceno left the scene after having the knife taken away and was found bleeding from the face when police caught her trying to leave the scene.

The affidavit says Wilkin-McBride knew the homeowner's name, but the victim says "he has never seen him before."

The female homeowner also received medical attention for cuts on her arm caused by the knife.

Wilkin-McBride was arrested on numerous charges, including aggravated robbery causing serious injury, aggravated assault resulting in serious injury and possession of a weapon by a restricted person.

While in jail, police say Wilkin-McBride urinated on the floor, removed his face mask and spit at officers.

Briceno was also arrested on multiple charges.