NewsLocal News


12 hospitalized from carbon monoxide leak at Saratoga Springs construction site

Posted at 7:52 PM, Apr 06, 2021
and last updated 2021-04-07 00:04:36-04

SARATOGA SPRINGS, Utah — Twelve construction workers were hospitalized Tuesday after a carbon monoxide leak.

Around 4:30 p.m., emergency crews received a call to a construction site near Redwood Road and Pioneer Crossing, where a project involving machinery for concrete work had caused the area to be flooded with carbon monoxide.

According to Deputy Chief Kenny Johnson with Saratoga Springs Fire and Rescue, nine people were initially taken to hospitals in Utah County and the Salt Lake area. Later, three additional patients transported themselves to the hospital.

This is a developing story; article will be updated as more information is released.