NewsLocal News


An early morning fire destroys a home in West Jordan

Smoke alarms wake family
Posted at 6:51 AM, Apr 29, 2020
and last updated 2020-04-29 08:51:18-04

WEST JORDAN, Utah — A West Jordan family is out of their home after a losing it to a fire.

At about 1:00 a.m. Wednesday morning, crews were dispatched to a house fire in the area of 9000 South and 2000 West.

The home was engulfed in flames, but all the residents inside were able to get out safely.

"Smoke detectors were in the home. That's what alerted the family to it," said West Jordan Fire Battalion Chief, Bryan Crump. "Can't stress more to have working smoke detectors. That's the number one piece of security equipment anyone can have in the home is a smoke detector. It saves lives."

The fire started in the garage and quickly spread to the home, but just what sparked the fire is still being investigated.

The home is said to be a complete loss.