SALT LAKE CITY — Wednesday's snowstorm is prompting some schools and organizations to cancel or delay their activities. We are collecting a list of known cancellations, closures and delays below.
The following is not an exhaustive list. Check with your school district or other organization and refresh this page for updates.
SCHOOLS CLOSED OR DELAYED
- The American Academy of Innovation will be closed on Wednesday. In-person and online classes are canceled.
- Blessed Sacrament Catholic School - We are closed today because of weather and road conditions.
- Canyons School District - Wednesday is a remote-learning day for all students in the Canyons School District because of expected heavy snow and dangerous road conditions. "This means all schools and District Offices will be closed for the day, but instruction will continue in line with new state rules that allow school districts to treat “snow days” as remote-learning days," a news release from the school district says.
- Juan Diego Catholic Schools - Due to extreme weather and dangerous road conditions school has been cancelled at Juan Diego Catholic Schools. Schools closed include Juan Diego Catholic High School in Draper, Saint John the Baptist Catholic Middle School in Draper, Saint John the Baptist Catholic Elementary in Draper, Saint Andrew Catholic School in Riverton. School will resume Thursday.
- Murray City School District is pivoting to remote learning today with a two-hour delay: Click here to learn more.
- Provo City School District Bus Service - Due to icy road conditions on the benches this morning, below bench pickup is needed to ensure the students on our buses will be safe. This affects the Southeast Bench, Northeast Bench, Oak Hills, and Sherwood Hills neighborhoods. For full details, please visit https://provo.edu/alert/below-bench-pickup-needed-today-2/./
- Salt Lake Community College - Due to inclement weather, all SLCC departments and in-person classes are cancelled until 12:00 PM. Online classes can continue. Go to http://www.slcc.edu for information or call 801-957-INFO.
- St. Francis Xavier School in Kearns is closed.
- The University of Utah has canceled in-person classes before 11 a.m. on Wednesday. "Instructors who can move their in-person classes online are encouraged to do so and should communicate directly with their students about any changes," an alert from the university says. "The delayed start will not impact online classes or campus employees already working remotely."
The U’s health care system and hospitals will remain open, as will essential university functions, supported by mandatory on-campus employees. University-operated childcare facilities will provide updates directly to families.
- Waterford School - Due to the snow, Waterford School will be closed today as well, Is this a good place to share the information?
- Alpine School District - All schools will be on their normal schedule today, Wednesday, February 17, 2021.
- Davis School District - All schools in the Davis School District will open as scheduled this morning. Our busses will be running on time and all parking lots should be clean by 7 a.m. As always, if parents feel conditions are too dangerous for their child, they have the option to keep them home. Our teachers will work with any student who is absent so they can complete any missing assignments.
- Granite School District - All schools are open. That being said, we don’t know what your driveway and neighborhood look like. So as always, parents should exercise their discretion and make decisions in the best interest of their family whether to travel to school this morning or not. Schools will be flexible with absences and tardies. If you do decide to attend, please exercise caution, take your time and stay safe.
- Jordan District schools will be open as scheduled today. We ask that you use caution in and around our schools and buildings as reports indicate snow showers may continue on and off throughout the day creating winter conditions on roadways and sidewalks.
- Logan School District - It’s snowy outside so be careful on your way to school! Road crews have been out clearing the streets, and although we know some side streets won’t be plowed until later, the main roads are open and buses are running. Drive carefully and give yourself a little extra space and time while you’re traveling. As always, if parents choose to keep their children home, please contact the school office to excuse the absence.
- Ogden School District - All schools will operate on their regular schedule today. Please plan to allow additional time for travel this morning. This will allow students to receive the meals they rely on and the safe location they depend on.
- Tooele County School District - Dugway School will begin on a 2-hour delay (start time is at 10 a.m.) All other TCSD schools will be open and ready to receive students at the regular start time.
- Utah Valley University - All UVU campuses are open. If weather conditions are unsafe where you are, contact your supervisor or professors for work/learn remote options. Find more by visiting http://uvu.info.
- Weber State University will be holding all classes as scheduled today. Please budget extra time if you need to commute to campus. Drive safely Wildcats.
- Fourth Street Clinic - We are opening later than expected today due to the snow. The clinic will be open at 10 a.m. this morning
- Midvale City Hall offices will open at NOON on Wed., Jan.17. The Justice Court will open virtually at 9am (hearings to take place as scheduled.
- Holladay City Hall WILL NOT open until 11:00am. please call 801-272-9450 in advance to make sure staff is available. Virtual Justice Court hearings WILL NOT be delayed. The Justice Court will open virtually at 8am (hearings to take place as scheduled.)
- The Salt Lake County Health Department has rescheduled Wednesday's COVID-19 vaccine appointments due to the winter storm warning, and at least one school district has decided to go remote for the day.
- Salt Lake County Library Branches will open at noon.
- Utah Department of Workforce Services - Our offices in Salt Lake County, Park City and Tooele will have a delayed opening at 10 am today, due to snowy road conditions. All others will open at 8 am. Our services can also be accessed online at http://jobs.utah.gov.
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints' offices in the Salt Lake City area will not open until 11 a.m. "Employees and service missionaries will not be expected to be at work before that time. Employees who are already working from home, will work a regular work day," a news release from the Latter-day Saint church says.
- Salt Lake City International Airport - Crews have been out clearing the snow on the airfield since early this morning. Passengers are reminded to check with their airline for possible delays or cancellations. Always a good idea to allow extra time. Safe travels!
- Snowbird Ski & Summer Resort - After continued assessment, Snowbird will not open for skiing/riding today, February 17. With 4 feet of snow in 3 days, our teams are working hard around the clock to clear snow and perform snow safety work. There is no estimated time for lifting Interlodge or road restrictions.
- Town of Alta Interlodge to remain in effect through the night and until further notice. Reminder: Interlodge for the town is not lifted until @MarshalMike1 and Alta Central send the notifications. Natural avalanches continue to occur. Stay inside. Stay safe.