OREM, Utah — Smoke could be seen billowing from the roof of the University Mall in Orem after a fire broke out inside a recreation area currently under construction.
Firefighters responded to the mall just before 3 p.m. and were spotted working on the roof where the smoke was seen.
A fire official told FOX 13 News that the fire started inside a foam pit at a Funplex that has yet to open. Witnesses said welding sparked the small fire, but that has yet to be confirmed.
Sprinklers were able to contain the fire and crews were working on getting the smoke out of the mall.
No firefighters or mall visitors were injured during the fire.