ST. GEORGE, Utah — A lightning bolt blew a four foot wide hole through the roof of a St. George home on Thursday, starting a small garage fire.
By the time crews arrived, neighbors were already making progress on the fire with their garden hoses.
Officials say the lightning strike initially started a fire in the attic, traveled down through a dryer vent, igniting a gas line.
Luckily no one was hurt an firefighters were able to tarp off the hole to keep out the rain.
Information courtesy: St. George News