NewsLocal News


Small fire breaks out at popular Desert Star Theater in Murray

Posted at 7:57 PM, Mar 31, 2023

MURRAY, Utah — Crews were called out to the popular Desert Star Theater after a small fire broke out at the Murray location Friday.

The fire, which began in an apartment above the theater, activated the sprinkler inside the theater and caused some water damage.

Murray Fire says one person in the apartment needed assistance and was transported to the hospital with minor injuries.

The dinner theater was originally built in 1930 and is part of a group of buildings on the National Register of Historic Places. First known as the Iris Theater, it showed popular movies when it opened before transitioning to dinner shows.

Stay with and FOX 13 News for the latest on this breaking news story.