NewsLocal News


South Jordan house fire sends one to the hospital

Posted at 7:55 AM, Feb 15, 2020
and last updated 2020-02-15 12:44:08-05

SOUTH JORDAN, Utah — A late-night house fire sent one person to the hospital with burn injuries.

South Jordan Fire was dispatched to the residence around 11:05 p.m. Friday night.

Upon arrival, crews saw smoke coming from the home, and found the fire in the basement.

A second alarm was called and an additional team was dispatched.

After the fire was extinguished, crews checked for hot spots.

The two occupants of the home were outside the house when crews arrived.

One occupant had burns and was transported to a local hospital, then flown to the University of Utah.

They were listed in stable condition, according to a tweet from South Jordan Public Safety.

There were no other injuries reported.

The cause of the fire was thought to be an electrical issue. Damage is estimated at $80,000 to the home and contents.