SALT LAKE CITY — Fewer bills were passed in the Utah State Legislature this year, according to figures provided to FOX 13.
Only 510 bills passed in the 2020 session, compared to 574 in 2019. The Utah State Senate said 1,331 bills and resolutions were requested this year, and only 832 actually considered.
Some lawmakers were more prolific than others in passing legislation. Here's the top five in the Senate:
- Sen. Jake Anderegg, R-Lehi - 17 bills passed
- Sen. Todd Weiler, R-Woods Cross - 16 bills passed
- Sen. Curt Bramble, R-Provo - 15 bills passed
- Sen. Wayne Harper, R-Taylorsville - 14 bills passed
- Sen. Jani Iwamoto, D-Salt Lake City - 12 bills passed
In the House, the top five lawmakers who passed the most bills are:
- Rep. Lee Perry, R-Perry - 12 bills passed
- Rep. Jim Dunnigan, R-Taylorsville - 11 bills passed
- Rep. Steve Eliason, R-Sandy - 11 bills passed
- Rep. Casey Snider, R-Paradise - 10 bills passed
- Rep. Eric Hutchings, R-Kearns - 9 bills passed
Governor Gary Herbert is reviewing all the bills that passed the legislature to determine whether to sign them into law, allow them to go into law without his signature or veto them.