SALT LAKE CITY — Governor Gary Herbert has signed a series of anti-vaping bills into law, along with more than 100 others.
The bills, passed by lawmakers in the 2020 Utah State Legislature, impose a 56% tax on e-cigarette and vaping products and move most flavors out of grocery and convenience stores and into licensed specialty tobacco stores. Those specialty stores must also ID people who shop there.
The governor previously signed a bill that expands a school administration's ability to confiscate vape products and e-cigarettes found on minor students.
The bills were among 125 signed by the governor into law on Monday night. He has so far signed 459 of the 510 bills passed by the legislature. By law, the governor has 20 days from the end of the legislative session to sign a bill, veto it or allow it to go into law without his signature.
A list of the most recent 125 bills signed is below, and information on each one can be found on the legislature's website.
● HB8 State Agency Fees and Internal Service Fund Rate Authorization, Moss, J.
● HB9 Revenue Bond and Capital Facilities Amendments, Sagers, D.
● HB23 Tobacco and Electronic Cigarette Amendments, Hawkins, J.
● HB32 Crisis Services Amendments, Eliason, S.
● HB35 Mental Health Treatment Access Amendments Eliason, S.
● HB47 Property Tax Amendments, Eliason, S.
● HB107 Effective Teachers in High Poverty Schools Incentive Program Amendments, Winder, M.
● HB108 Medical Specialists in Public Schools, Moss, C.
● HB141 Educator Salary Incentive Program Amendments, Potter, V.
● HB166 Watershed Councils, Hawkes, T.
● HB207 Insulin Access Amendments, Thurston, N.
● HB248 Agriculture Revisions, Wilde, L.
● HB262 Juvenile Delinquency Amendments, Hall, C.
● HB273 Property Rights Ombudsman Amendments, Peterson, V.
● HB274 Delegation of Health Care Services Amendments Ward, R.
● HB280 Transient Room Tax Provisions Albrecht, C.
● HB290 Occupational Licensing Amendments, Thurston, N.
● HB300 Justice Court Jurisdiction Amendments, Stratton, K.
● HB302 Heritage and Arts Foundation Amendments, Winder, M.
● HB304 Citizen Feedback Program, Owens, D.
● HB334 Civics Education Amendments, Johnson, D.
● HB336 Concurrent Enrollment Certificate Pilot Program, Peterson, V.
● HB339 Clean Air Special Group License Plate, Handy, S.
● HB345 Personal Records Amendments, Barlow, S.
● HB360 Interactive Reading Software Amendments, Waldrip, S.
● HB372 Digital Wellness, Citizenship, and Safe Technology Commission, Stratton, K.
● HB398 Plant Pest Emergency Control, Owens, D.
● HB416 Penalties for Misconduct with Students, Pierucci, C.
● HB431 Energy Efficiency Programs Amendments, Handy, S.
● HB462 Unlawful Detainer Amendments, Dunnigan, J.
● HCR20 Concurrent Resolution Honoring the Utah Hospital Association for 100 Years of Service, Gibson, F.
● SB2 Public Education Budget Amendments, Hillyard, L.
● SB8 State Agency and Higher Education Compensation Appropriations, Ipson, D.
● SB11 Offset for Occupational Health and Safety Related Donations, Bramble, C.
● SB12 Veterans Preference in Private Employment, Weiler, T.
● SB13 Native American Legislative Liaison Committee Amendments, Iwamoto, J.
● SB15 Government Operations Sunset Reauthorizations, Thatcher, D.
● SB16 Rural Residency Training Program Reauthorization, Christiensen, A.
● SB17 Heber Valley Historic Railroad Authority Sunset Date Extension, Harper, W.
● SB18 Divorce Amendments, Hillyard, L.
● SB21 Education Amendments, Riebie, K.
● SB23 Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing Amendments, Bramble, C.
● SB24 Utah Works Program Amendments, Milner, A.
● SB25 State Highway System Modifications, Harper, W.
● SB26 Water Banking Amendments, Iwamoto, J.
● SB27 Attorney General Reporting Requirements, Weiler, T.
● SB28 Election Law Revisions, Thatcher, D.
● SB29 Drug Disposal Program, Thatcher, D.
● SB31 Safety Inspections for Cited Vehicles, Riebe, K.
● SB32 Prisoner Offense Amendments, Mayne, K.
● SB37 Electronic Cigarette and Other Nicotine Product Amendments, Christensen, A.
● SB45 Uniform Fiduciary Income and Principal Act Amendments, Hillyard, L.
● SB47 Public Document Signature Classification, Iwamoto, J.
● SB51 Secondary Water REquirements, Anderegg, J.
● SB55 Vehicle Registration Revisions, Anderegg, J.
● SB60 Advice and Consent Amendments, Mayne, K.
● SB70 Determination of Death Amendments, Grover, K.
● SB72 Revisor's Technical Corrections to Utah Code, Vickers, E.
● SB73 Reading Assessment Expansion Amendments, Stevenson, J.
● SB75 Legislative Audit Amendments, Mayne, K.
● SB81 Motion Picture Incentives Amendments, Thatcher, D.
● SB89 Mental Health Services Amendments. Thatcher, D.
● SB93 Math and Science Opportunities for Students and Teachers, Hillyard, L.
● SB95 Economic Development Amendments, Sandall, S.
● SB96 Emerging Technology Talent Initiative, Millner, A.
● SB99 School Leadership Development Amendments, Millner, A.
● SB100 State Institutional Trust Lands Administration Amendments, Okerlund, R.
● SB104 Local Education Levy State Guarantee Amendments, Fillmore, L.
● SB111 Higher Education Amendments, Millner, A.
● SB115 Bonding Amendments, Cullimore, K.
● SB128 Non-vehicle Franchise Agreement Amendments, Bramble, C.
● SB130 911 Communications Amendments, Harper, W.
● SB131 Mining Amendments, Hinkins, D.
● SB132 Uniform Foreign-Country Money Judgement Recognition Act, Hillyard, L.
● SB139 Amendments to Indigent Defense, Okerlund, R.
● SB145 Pharmacy Practice Act Amendments, Vickers, E.
● SB146 Boards and Commissions Modifications, Harper, W.
● SB147 School Internship Safety Agreements, Henderson, D.
● SB148 Oil and Gas Modifications, Okerlund, R.
● SB149 Occupational and Professional Licensing Amendments, Harper, W.
● SB150 Transportation Governance and Funding Amendments, Harper, W.
● SB151 Accelerated Student Program Amendments, Mayne K.
● SB152 Search and Rescue Funding Amendments, Riebe, K.
● SB153 Business Payroll Practices Amendments, Mayne, K.
● SB154 Taxed Interlocal Entity Amendments, Hinkins, D.
● SB155 Medical Billing Amendments, Mayne, K.
● SB156 General Session Date Amendments, Millner, A.
● SB157 Charitable Prescription Drug Recycling Program, Vickers, E.
● SB158 Urban Renewal Project Area Amendments, Bramble, C.
● SB162 Education Financial Aid for Students with a Criminal Record, Weiler, T.
● SB165 Emergency Response Plans for Homelessness, Escamilla, L.
● SB166 Student Data Privacy Amendments, Anderegg, J.
● SB167 Judiciary Amendments, Weiler, T.
● SB168 Vehicle Rental Amendments, Steveson, J.
● SB169 Transportation Utility Fee Amendments, Henderson, D.
● SB170 Indigent Defense Amendments, Weiler, T.
● SB171 Nonprofit Entities Amendments, McCay, D.
● SB173 Disorderly Conduct Amendments, Ispson, D.
● SB175 Defense Contracts Amendments, Harper, W.
● SB178 Administrative Security Amendments, Bramble, C.
● SB179 Public Infrastructure District Amendments, McCay, D.
● SB183 Nonjudicial Foreclosure Amendments, Bramble, C.
● SB185 Government Records Amendments, Anderegg, J.
● SB202 Public Education Financial Reporting Amendments, Bramble, C.
● SB206 Judicial Election Amendments, McCay, D.
● SB207 Paid Leave Amendments, Weiler, T.
● SB209 Fire and Rescue Training Amendments, Harper, W.
● SB210 Body Camera Amendments, McCay, D.
● SB212 Special Group License Plate Amendments, Escamilla, L.
● SB213 Sepsis Protocol Requirements, Mayne, K.
● SB216 Recreational Vehicle Tax Amendments, Okerlund, R.
● SB229 Administrative Rules Amendments, Anderegg, J.
● SB231 Veterans and Military Affairs Grant Authority, Weiler, T.
● SB236 Jail Contracting Reimbursement Amendments, Anderegg, J.
● SB238 Battered Person Mitigation Amendments, Thatcher, D.
● SB239 Refinery Sales Tax Exemption, Okerlund, R.
● SB240 Reporting Requirements for County Jails, Weiler, T.
● SB244 Homeless Shelter and Services Sharing Amendments, Anderegg, J.
● SB247 DNA Processing Amendments, Anderegg, J.
● SCR1 Concurrent Resolution Creating the Danger Cave State Monument, Sandall, S.
● SCR2 Concurrent Resolution Honoring Michael R. Styler, Iwamoto, J
● SCR3 Concurrent Resolution Honoring Wataru Misaka, Iwamoto, J
● SCR6 Concurrent Resolution for Study of Local Option Sales Tax, Bramble, C.
● SCR7 Concurrent Resolution Supporting the Sports Commission, Adams, S.
● SCR10 Concurrent Resolution on State Employee Benefits and Providing a Refund from the State Health Insurance Pool, Fillmore, L.
● SCR11 Concurrent Resolution for Urging the Issuance of Federal Guidelines to Protect Consumers of Cannabidiol Products, Bramble, C.