WEST HAVEN, Utah — Multiple departments responded to a garage fire that did an estimated $10,000 worth of damage Saturday evening.
Weber Fire District, Roy Fire Department and the Weber Sheriff’s Office arrived at 4795 West and 3350 South just after 5:00 p.m.
The homeowner and a neighbor were removing items from the burning garage when crews arrived.
After extinguishing the fire, crews noted there was some fire damage to one wall, and smoke damage throughout the garage.
An initial investigation determined the likely cause to be rags soaked in gasoline and other cleaning materials stored in a small garbage.
West Haven Fire Marshal David Reed said in a statement that motor oil, gas, or other solvents can heat to their ignition temperature under the right conditions.
Rags should be stored in a metal can with a lid after being used.
There were no injuries reported.