by Jennifer Burns, Dan’s Market
- 1/3 cup celery, finely diced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Pinch dried dill
- 1/4 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 pound large shrimp, cooked, peeled and deveined
- 6 hot dog rolls
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
In a large bowl, stir the celery, mayonnaise, chives, tarragon (if using), lemon juice and zest, salt and pepper. Stir in the shrimp and season to taste with more lemon, salt, and pepper, if needed.
Position a rack 6 inches from the broiler element and heat the broiler to high. Toast both outside surfaces of the rolls under the broiler, about 1 minute per side. Spoon the shrimp salad into the rolls. Serve immediately.