by Jennifer Burns, Dan’s Market
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups buttery crackers, crushed (i.e. Ritz)
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (1-inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup plain pomegranate juice (such as POM Wonderful)
- 3/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds, for garnish
In a shallow bowl, combine egg and milk. Place cracker crumbs in another shallow bowl. Dip each pork chop in egg mixture, then coat with cracker crumbs, patting to make a thick coating.
In a large skillet, cook chops in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving.
While pork stands, pour off and discard any fat from skillet. Add pomegranate juice to skillet and boil over moderately high heat for 3-4 minutes or until reduced to about 2/3 cup. Stir together cornstarch and water and whisk into juice with vinegar and honey. Boil sauce until thickened slightly, 1 to 2 minutes. Pour over breaded pork chops. Garnish with pomegranate seeds. Serve immediately.