News

Actions

Cleveland kidnapping suspect indicted on 329 counts

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 4:01 PM, Jun 07, 2013
and last updated 2013-06-07 18:01:27-04

CLEVELAND – The Cleveland man accused of kidnapping three young women and holding them captive in his home for 10 years has been indicted on 329 counts, including aggravated murder.

For the latest updates, visit FOX 13 sister station FOX 8 in Cleveland.

Ariel Castro is accused of abducting Michelle Knight, now 32, Amanda Berry, now 27, and Gina deJesus, now 23, between 2002 and 2004, and holding them in his Cleveland home for ten years.

Last month, the three women were found in the home, along with a child born to Berry and fathered by Castro. Castro and his brothers Onil Castro and Pedro Castro were arrested.

Now Ariel Castro is facing 329 counts, including one count of aggravated murder for allegedly intentionally causing the unlawful termination of another’s pregnancy.

He is also indicted on 139 counts of rape, 177 counts of kidnapping, seven counts of gross sexual imposition, three counts of felonious assault and one count of possession of criminal tools, FOX 8 says.

Ariel Castro will be arraigned on those charges next week, FOX 8 says.