PROVO, Utah — It may come as a surprise, but Brigham Young University has once again grabbed the top sober spot in Princeton Review’s 2014 edition of “The Best 378 Colleges.”
This is the 16th year in a row that BYU has claimed the stone-cold sober crown. The second place honor goes to Wheaton College in Wheaton, Illinois, and coming in at third is the U.S. Naval Academy located in Annapolis, Maryland.
On the other end of the spectrum, West Virginia University was rated the No. 1 party school in the nation. University of Iowa and Ohio University came in at second and third.
Both lists were compiled based on surveys completed by 122,000 students from across the nation. The students answered 80 questions about academics, administration, campus life, student body and themselves.
Princeton Review’s “Top Party School” and “Stone-Cold Sober” lists can be found below.
Top Party Schools
- West Virginia University, Morgantown
- University of Iowa, Iowa City
- Ohio University, Athens
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- University of Georgia, Athens
- University of Florida, Gainesville
- University of California-Santa Barbara
- Florida State University, Tallahassee
- Miami University of Ohio, Oxford
- Syracuse University, Syracuse, N.Y.
- Penn State University, University Park, Pa.
- DePauw University, Greencastle, Ind.
- University of Wisconsin-Madison
- University of Mississippi
- University of Texas-Austin
- University of Maryland, College Park
- University of South Carolina, Columbia
- James Madison University, Harrisonburg Va.
- University of Maine, Orono
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Top Stone-Cold Sober Schools
- Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah
- Wheaton College, Wheaton, Ill.
- U.S. Naval Academy, Annapolis, Md.
- U.S. Coast Guard Academy, New London, Conn.
- Grove City College, Grove City, Pa.
- U.S. Military Academy, West Point, N.Y.
- City University of New York-Brooklyn College
- Wesleyan College, Macon, Ga.
- Wellesley College, Wellesley, Mass.
- Calvin College, Grand Rapids, Mich.
- City University of New York-City College
- City University of New York-Queens-Hunter College, Flushing, N.Y.
- Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering, Needham, Mass.
- Agnes Scott College, Atlanta-Decatur, Ga.
- Simmons College, Boston
- U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
- Pepperdine University, Malibu, Calif.
- Becker College, Worcester, Mass.
- Cooper Union for the Advancement of New York
- California State University-Stanislaus, Turlock, Calif.