- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise or Ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons bottled or homemade barbecue sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
- Black Pepper, to taste
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken-breast halves
- 12 ounces rotini pasta
- 1/4 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 large tomato, chopped
Mix all dressing ingredients in a large serving bowl until blended.
Put chicken-breast halves in a 6-quart pot. Add just enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered 8 to 10 minutes until chicken is no longer pink in center. Remove with tongs or slotted spoon to cutting board to cool.
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. While pasta boils, cook bacon in a skillet until crisp. Drain on paper towel; crumble into small pieces. Add hot pasta to dressing in bowl and toss to mix and coat.
Cut chicken in bite-size pieces and add to bowl along with the lettuce, bacon, and tomato. Toss gently to mix.