News

Actions

Woman hospitalized after CO leak at school returns home

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 9:50 PM, Nov 20, 2013
and last updated 2013-11-20 23:50:46-05

MONTEZUMA CREEK – An instructional coach at Montezuma Elementary School is recovering after she was sickened by carbon monoxide she was exposed to at the school.

A total of 44 people were transported to hospitals Monday after a pipe became disconnected and sent carbon monoxide flowing into the building.

Instructional Coach Connie Todachinie is still on medication and feeling groggy Wednesday, but she spoke to FOX 13 News about the incident. See the video above for her interview.

She said she is grateful for the awareness of the dangers of carbon monoxide this has caused, and she said she hopes this can bring the community closer together.

Todachine is out of the hospital and home with her two children Wednesday night.