- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 1 cup white button mushrooms, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1/4 pound wide egg noodles, cooked
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Grated cheddar, optional
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the beef and the next 6 ingredients with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until well browned and all pink has disappeared.
Drain off any excess oil in the skillet.
Add the onions, mushrooms and garlic. Cook, stirring, until soft, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the egg noodles, beef broth and sour cream. Cook, stirring, until the mixture thickens slightly, 5 to 6 minutes.
Serve to desired portions. Top each serving with cheese and parsley, if desired.