- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups sliced onion (about 1 medium)
- 1 cup thinly sliced green bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup grated English cucumber
- 1/2 cup 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 (6-inch) whole-wheat soft pitas, cut in half
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- No Salt Seasoning and Pepper, to taste
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with no salt seasoning and black pepper. Add chicken to pan; sauté 6-8 minutes or until done. Remove from pan.
Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to pan. Add onion and bell pepper; sauté 3 minutes. Add chicken, garlic, and oregano; cook 30 seconds.
In a bowl, combine cucumber and next 5 ingredients (through lemon juice). Add no salt seasoning and pepper; mix well. Serve chicken with yogurt sauce inside warmed pitas with tomato slices.
Sponsor: Intermountain Medical Center Heart Institute