- 3 1/2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ancho chile powder or chipotle chili powder
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced ginger
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen whole-kernel corn
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Combine 2 teaspoons sugar, chile powder, salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Add shrimp to spice mixture; toss well to coat.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 cup onion, bell pepper, garlic, and ginger to pan; sauté 3 minutes. Add remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar, corn, salt and pepper to pan; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in vinegar; cook 30 seconds. Transfer corn relish to a bowl; stir in green onions.
Wipe pan with a paper towel. Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add shrimp to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until done, turning once. Serve with corn relish.
Sponsor: Dan's Market