- 1/2 cup olive or grapeseed oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey or sugar
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- Pinch of ground dry mustard
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 lb. chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces, cooked
- 1 avocado, diced (or you can double this to 2 avocados!)
- 4 ounces feta, gorgonzola or blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cucumber, diced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
To make the vinaigrette dressing, combine the first 5 ingredients in a bowl with salt and pepper; whisk well to combine. Set aside.
In a large serving bowl, toss the spinach, chicken, avocado, cheese, onion, cucumber, celery and almonds. Pour desired amount of dressing over the salad; mix well. Serve immediately.