Fire damages shop in Morgan

Posted at 4:01 PM, Mar 23, 2014
and last updated 2014-03-23 18:01:41-04

MORGAN, Utah – A building was destroyed and equipment inside is a loss after a fire at a Polaris shop in Morgan.

Fire department officials said they received the call around 4:45 p.m. Saturday, and they responded to the area near 800 East 100 South in Morgan.

Multiple crews worked for about an hour and a half to get the fire under control. Officials said the building was used to store equipment used for repairs, and much of that was destroyed.

Chief Dave Rich of the Morgan Fire Department spoke about the blaze.

“We went offensive for a couple of minutes,” he said. “At that time, we had to start backing out. We had stuff falling from the ceiling, so we went defensive on it so from there we just had to do what we could to try and keep it from getting into the next buildings.”

The damages are estimated to be about $2 million. There were no injuries reported.