- 12 ounces dry spaghetti, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (15 oz each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
In large skillet over medium-high heat, add oil. Cook beef with onion and garlic for 7-8 minutes or until beef is crumbled and no longer pink, stirring occasionally; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, water, oregano, basil, salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil; then simmer over medium-low heat 15 minutes or until hot and flavors have blended. Drain spaghetti; serve with sauce and cheese.
Sponsor: Utah Beef Council