FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. – A massive home in Florida is on the market for $139 million, which makes it the most expensive home currently on the market in the U.S.
“Le Palais Royal” was recently listed by Coldwell Banker Previews International property specialist William P.D. Pierce in Miami. The $139 million asking price makes the home the most expensive residence on the market, according to the official Coldwell Banker blog.
Two homes in California are listed for $150 million each, but those homes are not officially on the market.
The home features 11 bedrooms and 17 bathrooms and draws inspiration from the Palace of Versailles and other famous architectural achievement from around the world. The 60,500 square-foot home sits on 4 acres of land and 465 feet of private beachfront property. See the gallery above and video below for a tour of the luxurious home, which also features a private dock for a yacht up to 185 feet long and an underground parking garage with room for 30 cars.
The home is expected to be finished by the end of 2015.
Here are some of the main home features, according to the Coldwell Banker blog:
• 13-foot, 22-carat gold-leaf gate
• 26-foot entrance fountain, one of six waterfalls that adorn the exterior
• Seamless double “day and night” custom-designed doors in the entryway, one of bronze-encased glass and the other of solid mahogany inlayed with 22-carat gold leafing
• $2 million marble staircase with steel-iron railing and gold leaf, which took craftsmen more than two years to construct
• 11 bedrooms, 17 bathrooms
• First-ever IMAX Theater contracted for private use, featuring a 50 by 27-foot screen and seating for 18 with a bar and IMAX lounge
• Three master bedroom suites and one presidential master suite, each with a Jacuzzi overlooking the ocean or Intracoastal Waterway
• La Cornue Grand Palais custom range and custom cabinetry made of solid mahogany accentuated with 22-carat gold leafing
• 1,300-gallon Living Color aquarium enclosed within custom cabinetry that will accommodate a high definition 3-D television in the family room
• 4,500-square-foot infinity edge pool with a 12-foot cascading waterfall, double loop LED-lit waterslide, fire pit and swim-up bar for outdoor entertaining
• Pool was designed with state-of-the-art technology including an automated temperature gauge sensor and triple sanitation system, which utilizes saline, chlorine and ultraviolet light
• Plunge pool off the master suite on the second floor of the exterior terrace
• Courtyard featuring an outdoor summer kitchen with a pizza oven, outdoor lounge for royal entertaining, and entrance to indoor spa massage rooms
• Proprietary security system that was custom-designed for the upmost protection of the property
• Security guard accommodations that include an air-conditioned kennel for on-site guard dogs
• Sophisticated soundproofing from the slab to marble, including all flooring, plumbing and air conditioning to ensure a quiet tranquility throughout
• Unique software that digitally documents every step and every square inch of the construction through photography and video