- 2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. (4) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon dried garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dried paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried mixed fruit
- 1 cup fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup green olives, pitted, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- No Salt Seasoning and Pepper, to taste
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken evenly with ginger, garlic, paprika, thyme, turmeric, no salt seasoning and pepper. Add chicken to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan; cover and keep warm.
Heat remaining tablespoon of oil in pan. Add onion; sauté 2 minutes until tender. Add fruit and chicken broth to pan; cook 5 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates. Add olives. Cook an additional minute. Serve sauce over chicken. Garnish with parsley.
Note: Serve over whole grain rice or noodles.
Sponsor: Intermountain Medical Center Heart Institute