News

Actions

Family safe, dog killed in Ogden house fire; no word on cause

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 8:29 AM, May 20, 2015
and last updated 2015-05-20 10:29:34-04

Ogden fire 1

OGDEN, Utah – A family is safe but lost their dog when their home caught fire early Wednesday morning.

Fire crews were called to the home near 2024 Laine Ave. at about 5:30 a.m.

Officials said the four adults and two children who live in the home were already out when they arrived but one dog was killed in the fire.

Authorities are investigating how the fire started in the utility room.

Crews estimate the flames caused about $50,000 in damage.