- 12 oz. whole grain spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 each of red, green and yellow bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, any kind, thinly sliced
- 1 (15 oz.) can no salt added crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- No Salt Seasoning and Pepper
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; set aside.
Heat a Dutch oven or large skillet up to medium-high heat; add olive oil. Saute the garlic, peppers, onions, no salt seasoning and pepper for 5-6 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add the tomatoes, basil, oregano and red pepper flakes. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the pasta. Cook for 2-3 minutes until warmed through. Garnish with cheese and parsley. Serve immediately.
Note: Add 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil just before serving, if needed.