- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 large onion, any kind, diced
- 2 bell peppers, any color, diced
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt (optional)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
In a large skillet, season ground beef with salt and pepper. Brown and crumble the beef. Drain excess fat. Add onions and peppers; sauté for 5-6 minutes.
Add canned tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir in spinach and cheese. Cover; cook 1-2 minutes or until cheese melt.
Stir in green onions and cilantro just before serving. Serve with salsa and sour cream or yogurt, if using.
Sponsor: Utah Beef Council