- 16 oz. rotini pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef or sirloin
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- One 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup dry red wine, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a Dutch oven or large pan over medium heat. Add the ground beef or sirloin with salt and pepper. Cook, while breaking up meat, until browned. Drain. Add the onions, and saute until lightly golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the garlic, sauté another minute. Add the tomatoes, wine, oregano, basil and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, and cook for 15 minutes. Add cream; cook another 1-2 minutes.
For serving, scoop desired amount of sauce over rotini pasta. Top with Parmesan and basil leaves, for garnish.
Sponsor: Utah Beef Council