OGDEN, Utah — Ogden City announced the cancellation of all events surrounding the Ogden Pioneer Days celebration this summer due to the coronavirus pandemic in a Tuesday news release.
The city said that after reviewing all of the information available, considering the health and safety of the incredible fans and sponsors who have supported Ogden Pioneers days for generations, the city decided to cancel the following events:
- Utah Cowboy Hall of Fame induction July 11th
- Ogden Pioneer Days Horse and Hitch Parade July 13th
- Ogden Pioneer Days Special Kids Rodeo July 14th
- Miss Rodeo Utah Pageant (Miss Rodeo America previously canceled) July 20th – 24th
- The Ogden Pioneer Days PRCA Rodeo July 20th – 24th
- Ogden Pioneer Days Parade July 24th
- Any concerts associated with Ogden Pioneer Days
Since 1934 Ogden Pioneer Days Celebration and Rodeo have been held to commemorate our statehood as well as honor those who sacrificed so much in to establish our beloved communities here in the Intermountain West.
Ogden Pioneer Days organization, working jointly with the mayor and city officials, feels strongly as a group that applying an abundance of caution this year is the right choice.
Organizers released the following statement in the news release announcing the cancellations.
"We want to express our sincere gratitude to our fans, volunteers, committee, sponsors, supporters, PRCA contractors and athletes for making Ogden Pioneer Days Rodeo one of the premier Rodeos in the entire Country. We look forward to being able to once again join together in large groups in our communities and celebrate all that Ogden Pioneer Days represent. Our excitement and efforts have already turned to the 2021 Ogden Pioneer Days Celebration, and we promise to be back and better than ever!"