SALT LAKE CITY — Eligible Utahns will be able to receive a COVID-19 vaccine through Walmart and Sam's Club locations across the state starting Friday.
In announcing the vaccine availability, the two giant retailers answered some frequently asked questions about the vaccines.
Q- Why should I get vaccinated?
A- Getting the COVID-19 vaccine not only helps protect you, but also those around you who are not yet eligible to get the vaccine or are extra-vulnerable. By doing so, you’re performing an act of service for your community and freeing up health care resources for those in need with other health conditions. To learn more visit here.
Q- Is the vaccine safe?
A- Yes! The vaccine is safe and more than 90% effective in preventing COVID-19 after two doses. When you receive your first dose, we will schedule your appointment for the second dose. It is absolutely necessary that you receive both doses.
Q- Can the COVID-19 vaccine give you COVID-19?
A- No! The vaccine cannot give you COVID-19.
Before scheduling an appointment, please verify your eligibility through your State Health Department's website.
Vaccinations are available at the following Utah Walmart and Sam's Club locations:
- Walmart #2511 949 West Grassland Drive, American Fork
- Walmart #1438 1330 South Providence Center Drive, Cedar City
- Walmart #2794 777 North Main Street, Ephraim
- Walmart #4272 1150 South 100 West Logan
- Sam's Club #4786 145 West Cache Valley Blvd, Logan
- Walmart #1888 1550 North Main Street, North Logan
- Walmart #1768 1355 Sandhill Road,Orem
- Walmart #3454 1200 South Commerce Way, Perry
- Walmart #1573 255 South Highway 55, Price
- Walmart #5168 10 East 1300 South, Richfield
- Walmart #1708 4848 South 900 West, Riverdale
- Walmart #3589 350 Hope Avenue, Salt Lake City
- Walmart #2307 11328 South Jordan Gateway, South Jordan
- Walmart #4068 1206 North Canyon Creek Parkway, Spanish Fork
- Walmart #1686 5469 South Redwood Road, Taylorsville
- Walmart #1572 1851 West Highway 40, Vernal