VEYO, Utah — An electrical fire in southern Utah destroyed a mobile home and multiple vehicles early Sunday morning.
The fire, located near 300 N. Main Street in Veyo, was reported around 12:30 a.m. and was extinguished around 3 a.m. It resulted in the loss of a double-wide mobile home, a motor home, a fifth-wheel camping trailer, a pickup truck and a car, according to the Central Fire Department.
It also resulted in a small wildfire of just over one acre and stopped just shy of a neighbor's house.
Authorities say the fire was started by an electrical issue — possibly a faulty washing machine.
At least two people were in the mobile home at the time of the fire and sustained minor burns, but they were not hospitalized. One had to escape through a window.
A GoFundMe campaign has been set up for the families affected by the fire. Click here to view/donate.
They are also in need of clothing; Donations can be coordinated by contacting the fundraiser's organizer through the website.