SANTA ANA, Calif. — The $25 million coin collection of the late Larry H. Miller will be put up for sale later this year.
Miller, who was an icon in Salt Lake City, assembled an incredible collection featuring nearly 1,600 coins, including some worth millions on their own.
The most valuable coin in the collection is considered to be an 1804 Draped Bust Silver Dollar valued at $3 million and higher.
Other rare coins available in the sale include:
- 1894 S Barber Dime - Est. value $1.25 million and up
- 1794 Flowing Hair Silver Dollar - Est. value $1 million and up
- 1884-S Morgan Silver Dollar - Est. value $1 million and up
- 1886-O Morgan Silver Dollar - Est. value $750,000 and up
- 1849 Mormon $10 - Est. value $500,000 and up
According to Stack's Bowers Galleries, Miller asked his wife, Gail, to sell the coins after he passed away, but she refused knowing HOW important the coins were to her husband. Now, 11 years later, the coins will be sold off with the proceeds of the sale being donated to Intermountain Health's new children's hospital in Lehi.
The collection will be sold off two sales on Nov. 12 and Dec. 17.