NewsLocal News


Lori Vallow Daybell arrives in Idaho following extradition

Mother of two missing children left Hawaii in handcuffs
Lori Vallow-Daybell at LAX
Posted at 8:27 AM, Mar 05, 2020
and last updated 2020-03-05 23:17:15-05

The mother of two missing children from Idaho was on her way back to the state Thursday morning where she will face charges related to their disappearance .

Lori Vallow Daybell faced a judge in Hawaii for the final time Wednesday before being extradited to the Madison County jail in Rexburg.

According to a spokesperson at the jail in Hawaii, Vallow Daybell was on the move at about 1:00 a.m.

She was in handcuffs and wearing a pink shirt, black leggings, black shoes, and a black sweatshirt with the word "Kauai" on the front.

Details of her travel schedule have been kept private due to security concerns.

She is believed to be back in the mainland United States.

The two most logical ways for her to get to Idaho would be to either drive or fly from Salt Lake City International Airport to Idaho Falls.

The only flight from Hawaii that lands in Salt Lake City Thursday arrived about 8 a.m.

Vallow Daybell's defense attorney in Hawaii said his client was looking forward to coming back to Idaho so she can defend herself against what she calls false accusations.

Residents in Rexburg have been paying close attention to the case.

“We were settled by members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, people don’t move a lot, so there are still a lot of people whose grandfathers and great grandfathers were settlers," said Christopher Mann, President of the Rexburg Chamber of Commerce. "I think this is probably one of the biggest crime stories ever to come out of here.”

One of the allegations against Vallow Daybell is that she refused to comply with a court order to bring 7-year-old JJ Vallow and 17-year-old Tylee Ryan back to Idaho to prove they are still alive.

Her Hawaii lawyers said she refused to comply because she felt the children would be taken away from her.

Vallow Daybell is set to face an Idaho judge for the first time Friday at 2 p.m where her new attorneys will ask for her $5 million bail to be reduced.