Police: Music venue promoter arrested for stabbing, killing man in SLC

Image - 2022-05-15T200800.106.jpg
Posted at 7:04 AM, May 15, 2022
and last updated 2022-05-15 23:37:38-04

SALT LAKE CITY — A man was arrested on suspicion of stabbing another man to death Saturday night at a small music venue in Salt Lake City.

Shortly before 8:30 p.m., Salt Lake City Police received a report of a stabbing near 1650 S. State Street.

Officers arrived and found 34-year-old Trevor Bellaccomo unconscious and unresponsive with stab wounds on his neck and torso. He was taken to the hospital in critical condition, where he later died from his injuries.


Investigators obtained security camera footage from a nearby business. According to court documents, the video showed Bellaccomo being attacked by a man immediately as he walked up to the entrance of Resolute Tattoo and Piercing, a shop that also hosts live music in the back of the building.

Bellaccomo and the other man — later identified as 36-year-old Kevin Tommy Neal — fought on the ground briefly before Bellaccomo ran south and collapsed in the nearby Arby's parking lot.

READ: Suspect arrested for non-fatal stabbing of random man in West Jordan

A witness told police they saw Neal covered in blood and heard him say he had just stabbed someone, and that everyone needed to leave. They later saw Neal inside the venue and said it looked like he had washed the blood off and had put on a sweatshirt.

Another witness said Neal was a promoter for the venue and coordinated bands that performed there.

Police said when they searched the venue and the surrounding area, they found a knife in a trash can with what appeared to be blood on it, as well as a shirt in a barrel that also appeared to be covered in blood.

Neal was arrested at his home, where police said they found a single pair of pants, a sweatshirt, socks and underwear in the dryer, but no shirt. It was not stated whether these clothing items had any sign of blood on them.

SLCPD wrote in a press release that they did not believe this was a random attack, but as of Sunday night, they had not said whether they knew of any motive.

Neal is being held in the Salt Lake County Jail without bail. He faces felony charges of murder and obstruction of justice.