SALT LAKE CITY — The National Weather Service has issued winter storm warnings and winter weather advisories for parts of central and southern Utah Monday.
According to NWS, the storm is a "significant winter storm" that will impact central and southern Utah through Tuesday afternoon.
"The heaviest snow will fall near south to southeast facing slopes and will includes areas such as Kanab, Escalante, and Zion National Park," a statement from NWS says. "Winter driving conditions can be expected along many high elevation routes as well as I-15 south of Cedar City to Leeds, SR-12 from US-89 to Torrey and US-89 south of I-70.
Snow is expected to accumulate below 3,000-3,500 feet, including in the St. George area, likely beginning Monday evening. Substantially higher amounts of snowfall are expected in higher elevations.
DOWNLOAD THE FOX 13 FIRST ALERT WEATHER APP
The FOX 13 First Alert Weather app gives real-time information on severe weather throughout the state, along with the following features to keep your family safe:
• Access to station content specifically for our mobile users
• 250 meter radar, the highest resolution available
• High resolution satellite cloud imagery
• Future radar to see where severe weather is headed
• Current weather updated multiple times per hour
• Ability to add and save your favorite locations
• Daily and Hourly forecasts updated hourly from our computer models
• A fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
• Opt-in push alerts to keep you safe in severe weather
• Severe weather alerts from the National Weather Service