SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — University of Utah hospitals and clinics have updated their visitor policies to protect patients, visitors and staff from the potential spread of COVID-19.
Beginning on Monday, March 16, the following visitor policy will be in place until further notice at all U of U Health clinical facilities
- Visitors who are sick are asked not to visit.
- Visitors under the age of 18 are asked not to visit.
- No visitors of companions will be allowed for patients with confirmed or possible COVID-19.
- Patients are only allowed one visitor or companion at a time.
- Visitors or companions must wash their hands or use alcohol sanitizer before entering and after leaving any U of U health facility, patient room, or exam room.
University of Utah Health will review and update this policy as needed, which may include the addition of more restrictive guidelines.