News

Actions

Kearns High cleaning up after high CO readings

Kearns High cleaning up after high CO readings
Posted at 4:37 PM, Mar 25, 2012
and last updated 2012-03-25 19:34:12-04

Unified Fire crews are investigating the cause of high carbon monoxide readings at Kearns High School.

Firefighters received a call at around 12 p.m. Sunday reporting a strange odor at the school. Officials say that when they arrived, they found high carbon monoxide levels in a boiler room and on the roof.

Questar technicians arrived, found a malfunction with some of the equipment and shut that equipment down.

The school is being ventillated on Sunday. Fire officials say it will be up to the school district to decide whether they can hold classes without that mechanical equipment.