TEGUCIGALPA, Honduras — The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints dedicated their first temple located in Honduras on Sunday.
The Tegucigalpa Honduras Temple is the sixth LDS temple in Central America, and it’s the 141st temple built by the LDS church worldwide.
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, Second Counselor in the First Presidency, dedicated the temple.
Tegucigalpa is one of the oldest capitals in the Americas. It was founded in 1578, and it has roughly the same population as the Salt Lake metropolitan area.