by Jennifer Burns, Intermountain Medical Center Heart Institute
- 1 1/2 cups frozen shelled edamame (green soybeans), thawed and cooked
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons low-sodium hot sauce
- 1 (16-ounce) can cannellini beans or other white beans, drained
Place all ingredients in a food processor, and process until smooth. Serve immediately, or cover and chill.
Note: Serve with a variety of raw vegetables.