The following is a news release from the Provo School District.
PROVO, UT- Provo City School District will be holding community open houses throughout the month of November 2013 to discuss a proposed school reconstruction bond initiative. Any interested community members are invited to attend.
Open houses will be held at the following times and locations:
- Wednesday, November 13, 2013 from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at Rock Canyon Elementary School
- Thursday, November 14, 2013 from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at Edgemont Elementary School
- Tuesday, November 19, 2013 from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at Sunset View Elementary School
- Wednesday, November 20, 2013 from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at Provost Elementary School
- Thursday, November 21, 2013 from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at Dixon Middle School
The Provo City School District Board of Education is responding to a Facility Advisory Committee recommendation of a bond amount not to exceed $90 million.
The Board is considering the reconstruction of Dixon Middle School, Rock Canyon Elementary School, Edgemont Elementary School, Provost Elementary School and Sunset View Elementary School.
The open houses will provide an opportunity for the Provo community to learn about the proposed bond. Following a presentation, those in attendance will be able to visit project stations to learn about details of the proposed projects and discuss ideas and offer thoughts.
Scheduled open houses are part of the Board’s proposed public information plan, which will also include the completion of further studies regarding the proposed bond.
For further information, please contact Caleb Price, Coordinator of Communications and Public Relations, at 801-374-4865.