- tablespoons butter, divided
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 12 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup colby-jack or cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (16-ounce) package cooked, drained, and crumbled ground pork sausage
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 12 small corn or flour tortillas
- Sour cream for serving
- Salsa for serving
Whisk together the eggs and milk with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add mushrooms with salt and pepper. Saute for 5-6 minutes; stirring frequently.
Remove mushrooms from pan. Add the remaining butter to the same pan with the egg mixture, and cook, without stirring, until eggs begin to set on bottom. Sprinkle cheese into the eggs and stir through.
Cook until eggs are thickened but still moist. Add the mushrooms, cooked sausage and Remove from heat. Stir in chopped jalapeño pepper before serving, if using.
Heat tortillas in damp papertowels in the microwave for 30 seconds. Fill tortillas evenly with scrambled eggs, sausage and mushroom mixture. Fold tortillas over filling. Serve with sour cream and salsa.