News

Actions

Tooele community holds vigil for toddler

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 9:55 PM, Feb 04, 2014
and last updated 2014-02-04 23:55:51-05

TOOELE -- Family and friends gathered Tuesday night to remember Aiden Goff.

Aiden, 2, died of a drug overdose Friday night.

Tooele Police say the toddler’s mother may have inadvertently served him methadone, which was being kept in a Gatorade bottle.

Aiden was remembered as a sweet, smiling boy.

“The community support has just been overwhelming to us and the love that we have been shown -- and we are very grateful for that and we have suffered a great loss,” said Gary Goff, Aiden’s grandfather.