SPRINGVILLE, Utah — A gas leak in Springville early Friday morning prompted officials to ask several residents to evacuate their homes.
The leak was first reported shortly after 5:00 near 50 N 400 W.
The Springville Fire Department advised residents in the area that Springville City Hall has been opened for evacuees.
Questar Gas crews, firefighters and police responded to the scene.
According to Springville Department of Public Safety officials, the gas leak “was a result of [a] gasket blowing at [a] pressure reducing substation belonging to Questar.”
The gas leak was contained around 6:50 a.m. and residents began returning to their homes.