SALT LAKE CITY -- The Salt Lake City Police Department wants the public to be aware of the road closures and parking issues that will result from the Salt Lake City Marathon and related events on Saturday.
Scroll to the bottom of this post to view the full marathon map and links to download high-res PDF documents of the routes for Salt Lake City full and half marathons,
"Officers will accommodate through-traffic when it is safe to do so, but motorists and residents should expect delays as race events progress throughout the morning," a press release from SLCPD said.
Carter Livingston, PR Director for Salt Lake City Marathon, came to the FOX 13 News Studio Friday to talk about what folks can expect for Saturday's race. See the video above for his comments.
The marathon and related events start at the following times:
6 a.m. - Bike Tour
6:10 a.m. - Hand Cycle, Wheel Chair
7 a.m. - Full/Half Marathon
7:10 a.m. 5K
10:45 a.m. - Kids K
List of streets to be closed and estimated closure times:
- 200 E between Washington and Library Squares - 12 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- 500 S between 300 E and State St. - 3 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Federal Heights Dr. and 11th Ave. - 5:30 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Bonneville Blvd. and State St. - 5:45 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
- South Temple, 900 E, 1100 E - 5:45 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- 1500 E, Sugar House Park, 1700 S - 6:15 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- 2100 S, 1700 E, 2700 S, 2000 E - 6:15 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- 2300 E and Holladay Blvd. - 6:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- 4500 S and 3900 S - 6:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Highland Dr, 2700 S, 600 E - 6:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Liberty Park (east side) - 6:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- 900 S, 300 E, 400 E, 500 E - 6:45 a.m. to 9 a.m.
The marathon course is set to close at 1:30 p.m. After that time, participants who haven't finished will neded to move to the sidewalk and follow normal roadway rules.
SLCPD plans to have 208 officers assigned to 197 traffic posts to help ensure the safety of participants, spectators and residents.
Download the Full/Half Marathon map [PDF, 820 KB]
Download the bike tour map [PDF, 2.17 MB]
Download the 5k map [PDF, 1.98 MB]